Everton’s new offer has been turned down by Crystal Palace for Wilfried Zaha and insisted that they will not settle for anything less than £100m to sell Wilfried Zaha.
Marco Silva’s side have emerged as the only serious suitors for Zaha since Arsenal’s bid for the 26-year-old was rejected earlier in the summer, with Everton having already seen offers of £52m and £55m snubbed by Palace, but the new offer is thought to be their limit.
Silva is understood to be keen to add more attacking options to his squad after signing Moise Kean from Juventus. On Tuesday Everton submitted a new offer of £70m plus James McCarthy that would have also seen Turkey striker Cenk Tosun join on a season-long loan.
Palace instantly declined the offer, as the club is afraid to sell with little more than 24 hours of the Premier League’s transfer window remaining and concerns about how they could replace such a crucial player before the start of the new season.
Zaha is said to be furious with Palace after they promised to accept “reasonable offers” for him last summer. Reasonable is subjective of course and while this latest offer looks more than reasonable to me, Palace will argue that they don’t need to sell, he has plenty of time left on his contract, he’s a key player and they have little time to find a replacement.
Zaha himself is now said to be looking to push for a move to a club abroad, with the European transfer deadline not until the end of the month. Napoli and Borussia Dortmund have been linked with him in the past but both appear unlikely to be willing to fund such an expensive transfer.
The 26-year-old Ivory Coast International has scored 10 goals and created 10 assists in 34 Premier League games last season, and has 35 goals in 180 games across all competitions since he rejoined the club from Manchester United in 2015.